Monday, October 6, 2008

How bad is it doc?

So I went to the doctor friday to find out about my blood pressure. See high blood pressure runs on my dad's side of the family and on my last visit my blood pressure and heart rate was ridiculously high. Turns out the doctor thinks I have blood pressure from stress of nursing school(go figure). He told me I have no reason to stress, I started laughing.

Or that I could I have hypothyroidism. Which is an underacting thyroid. I'm hoping its that seeing that I have alot of the symptoms, like severe fatigue which is a big problem I have. Plus the doc tells me it sounds like I have a heart murmur, which I did when I was a baby, but the doctors said I grew out of it. Anyways I go thursday to get lab work to see whats going on. Every since friday I have been diagnosing myself and noticing every little thing like I'm have mad cow disease or something lol. Hopefully I'll finally get some answers. I'm 19 and my body is falling apart hahaha. Besides that everything is going pretty good. School is probably the hardest thing I've ever did, but God is getting me through it =)

1 comment:

kristen said...

Bless your heart! I recently had some high blood pressure and had to have it monitored for a while. I thought, "I am way too young for this" so I know how you feel! Hope you get some answers soon! Hang in there with school...you are going to be a great nurse!